Project Type: Infrared Radiant Heaters
Project Cost: $26,600
Annual Savings: 2,100 kWh and 3,600 therms
Project Type: Steam Traps
Project Cost: $16,000
Annual Savings: 3,600 therms
Check your eligibility.Read More >
Energy Trust provides cash incentives to businesses for energy-efficiency and renewable power projects. To qualify, you must:
- Have a project site in Oregon served by Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas or Avista and contribute to the public purpose charge. Check your bill or contact Energy Trust if you have questions.
- Be improving an existing structure.
Find a trade ally contractor.
We can help you get started.
Install equipment that meets the requirements listed in the Oregon Incentive Application.
See the appropriate incentive application below to confirm equipment requirements before purchasing.
Get your incentive.
Note: A post-installation verification may apply.
See incentives available for HVAC and water heating equipment outlined in the table below.
Energy Trust limits the total amount of standard electric and gas incentives a customer site may receive per year. The incentive limit varies by utility:
- Portland General Electric (PGE) sites may receive up to $12,000 per site, per year for all equipment, gas or electric. This includes PGE customers also served by NW Natural. See Form 120P (Excel | PDF).
- Pacific Power sites may receive up to $6,000 per site, per year for all equipment, gas or electric. This includes Pacific Power customers also served by NW Natural or Avista. See Form 120P-PAC (Excel | PDF).
- NW Natural or Avista sites served by any other electric utility (not PGE or Pacific Power) may receive up to $12,000 per site, per year. See Form 120P (Excel | PDF).
- Cascade Natural Gas customer sites:
- Served by Pacific Power and installing electric equipment may receive up to $6,000 per site, per year. See Form 120P-CNG (Excel | PDF).
- Served by Pacific Power and installing gas or gas/electric equipment are not subject to an incentive limit. See Form 120P-CNG (Excel | PDF).
- Served by any other electric utility (not Pacific Power) are not subject to an incentive limit. See Form 120P-CNG (Excel | PDF).
|Infrared Radiant Heaters||$5.50–$7 per kBtu/h input|
|New Rooftop Unit (RTU) with Economizer||$30 per ton of cooling capacity|
|New RTU with Demand Control Ventilation (DCV)||$29 per ton of cooling capacity|
|New RTU with Variable Speed Supply Fan||$100 per ton of cooling capacity|
|Advanced Rooftop Controls (ARC) – Lite Retrofit||$100 per ton|
|Advanced Rooftop Controls (ARC) – Full Retrofit||$50-$200 per ton|
|Air-Cooled Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF), for Offices or Schools||$1 per sq ft of area served by VRF|
|Steam Traps||$0.40–$0.90 per lb/hr of trap capacity|
|Commercial Heat Pump Water Heater (HPWH)||$500 each|
|Commercial Tank Water Heater||$3 per kBtu/h input|
|Commercial Tankless Water Heater < 200 kBtu/h||$165 each|
|Commercial Tankless Water Heater/Boiler ≥ 200kBtu/h||$1 per kBtu/h input|
|Commercial Condensing HVAC Boiler||$3.25 per kBtu/h input|
|Modulating Boiler Burner||$5 per kBtu/h of burner rated capacity|
|Hydronic Heating Circulator Pumps, Single Speed Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM)||$100-$300 each|
|Hydronic Heating Circulator Pumps, Variable Speed ECM||$150-$750 each|
|Commercial Air-Source Heat Pumps - Retrofit||$500 per ton|
|Commercial Air-Source Heat Pumps – New or Replacement||$150 per ton|
Energy Trust offers custom incentives for larger, more complex projects. Learn more about custom incentives >
Incentives are subject to funding availability and may change.
Need Help? Contact Us.