Oregon’s nurseries and greenhouses are leading the industry in adopting energy-efficiency practices. Energy Trust can help with cash incentives for upgrades to greenhouse shell and heating systems, irrigation and lighting.
Establish your eligibility.Read More >
Energy Trust provides cash incentives to Oregon businesses for energy-efficiency and renewable energy projects. To qualify, you must:
- Be served by Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas or Avista and contribute to the public purpose charge. Check your utility bill or contact us if you have questions.
- Have a project site in Oregon.
Contact an Energy Trust trade ally contractor or vendor, who can assist you throughout the process.
We can help you get started and select equipment that qualifies for Energy Trust cash incentives.
Complete the appropriate incentive form for your cash incentive or receive an incentive offer from Energy Trust.
See the details tab for a full list of standard incentives available and links to the appropriate forms. Be sure to check all of the “Qualifying Criteria” to ensure that your equipment qualifies for Energy Trust incentives. You must return a complete and signed incentive form with your invoices for your equipment to Energy Trust within 180 days of purchase and before the end of the calendar year to receive your incentive.
If you would like to complete a greenhouse reglazing upgrade or install a condensing boiler, you must reach out to Energy Trust to receive an incentive offer before ordering or purchasing the equipment. Call us at 503.928.3154 or email email@example.com to get started.
See cash incentives available for greenhouses and nurseries outlined in the table below. Apply for these incentives after you purchase the following equipment. Only gas heated facilities are eligible.
Incentive limits vary by utility. See the appropriate incentive forms below for additional requirements.
- Gas heated sites served by NW Natural or Avista are limited to $5,000 per application. Customers may submit one efficient greenhouse natural gas heating application, one industrial insulation application and one efficient industrial facility natural gas heating application per site in 2021.
- Gas heated sites served by Cascade Natural Gas are not subject to the $5,000 incentive limit or the one application limit. See the appropriate incentive form below for additional requirements.
|Heating system rebates||Incentive|
|Infrared (IR) polyethylene greenhouse cover||$0.02 per square foot*|
|Greenhouse controllers||$0.10 per square foot*|
|Condensing unit heater for greenhouses||$5.00 per kBtu input*|
|Thermal curtain||$0.30 per sq ft*|
|Under-bench heating||$1.05 per sq ft*|
|Pipe insulation||$4.00 per foot**|
|Radiant heater for nurseries, non-modulating||$6.50 per kBtu input†|
|Radiant heater for nurseries, modulating||$8.00 per kBtu input†|
* For complete details on efficiency requirements please see: Form 420NG
** For complete details on efficiency requirements please see: Form 420IN
†For complete details on efficiency requirements please see: Form 420G
See incentives available for greenhouse reglazing upgrades and condensing boilers outlined in the table below. Cash incentives are calculated based on operating hours and usage. Only gas heated facilities are eligible.
Incentive limits apply and vary by utility.
- Gas heated sites served by Avista are limited to $5,000 per application. Customers may submit one application for greenhouse reglazing and one application for condensing boilers per site in 2021.
- Gas heated sites served by Cascade Natural Gas are not subject to the $5,000 incentive limit or the one application limit. Talk to your trade ally contractor to learn about additional requirements.
- Gas heated sites served by NW Natural are not eligible for greenhouse reglazing upgrades or greenhouse boiler upgrades.
For additional details, call Energy Trust at 503.928.3154 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Greenhouse reglazing||$2.50 per therm, up to 70% of eligible measure costs||
Final incentive will be based on unit size.
|Condensing boiler for greenhouse||$2.50 per therm, up to 70% of eligible measure costs varies||
Final incentive will be based on unit size.
Call us at 503.928.3154 or email email@example.com.