Sustainable Homes Professional – Module 3: High Performance Building Envelopes
- This event has passed.
This course explores various high performance wall and roof assemblies, including continuous exterior insulation, truss walls, double-stud walls, SIPS, staggered stud framing, I-joist, and more. Participants learn principles that can be applied to existing homes and new construction projects, including durable wall design, insulation strategies and air sealing, product selection, and construction. The course addresses the importance of performance testing and diagnostics to verify the performance of installed equipment and the home’s envelope.
- Day 1: Guest speaker presentation
- Day 2: Two site visits to certified green homes
- Describe high performance building methods for insulation, air sealing, and weatherization
- Select appropriate design features and assemblies according to project objectives
- List methods for building high performance roofs for both new and existing homes
- Identify when and by whom these methods are used during the pre-insulation, post-drywall, and siding installation phases of construction
- Explain the importance of performance testing and diagnostics to verify the performance of installed equipment and the home’s envelope
Want to learn more? This High Performance Building Envelopes course actually forms Module 3 of our interactive 6-month Sustainable Homes Professional (SHP) accreditation course.