Motors, Pumps and Drives – How They Interact
- This event has passed.
Free class for PGE business customers
Learn how to avoid costly downtime, premature motor, pump or drive failure. This free class developed by the Hydraulic Institute and Pump Systems Matter* will help you identify appropriate applications for variable speed and select and specify the proper drive, motor, and pump for your operation. Variable frequency drives in pumping systems are now the norm within the industrial sector. A strong working knowledge of the overall pump system is necessary for the proper selection, installation and application of VFDs to ensure a reliable, efficient installation.
• Friction and static pumping system
• When not to use variable speed pumping
• AC induction motor design, selection, and application for variable speed service
• Pump implications considerations in variable speed applications
Each participant receives a USB drive containing tools to assist in the motor, drive and pump selection process and system evaluation.
• 7 PDH credits from the Hydraulic Institute
• Clackamas Community College: 0.7 (CEUs)
• IFMA: 7 CFM maintenance points
• RETA: 7 PDHs or .7 CEUsCourse developed by the Hydraulic Institute. 7 PDH
Instructor: William C. Livoti, Hydraulic Institute